To even begin to get over a break up you need to be able to focus on moving on. To help you do this I have compiled a list of break up quotes that encourage positive thinking which will in turn give you the help and encouragement to start making changes to your life.
1. "Wherever you are, be there totally. If you find your here and now intolerable and it makes you unhappy, you have three options: remove yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally."
- Eckhart Tolle
This is another of my favourite quotes as it tells it like it is. If you don't change your situation you will be in it forever. For you to accomplish anything you need to make accept te situation and make changes. Go and do it now!
2. "Love the moment. Flowers grow out of dark moments. Therefore, each moment is vital. It affects the whole. Life is a succession of such moments and to live each, is to succeed."
- Corita Kent
Live for each moment. Yes you may be suffering from heartache but you can get yourself out of this dark place. This one moment will not last forever.
3. "My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny."
- Elaine Maxwell
You are the one person that is in control of your life. You make the decisions. You make the decisions. Without trying you will get nowhere and when you do try you will move mountains. Just believe in yourself.
4. "People become really quite remarkable when they start thinking that they can do things. When they believe in themselves they have the first secret of success."
- Norman Vincent Peale
As I mentioned before believing in yourself is the key. Think of all your good points and what a good person you are and how even better you can become.
5. "You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."
- Christopher Columbus
To move on you must leave your past behind you. This is true in any situation, especially the end of a relationship. To move on you must forget the past.
6. "I am somebody. I am me. I like being me. And I don't need anybody to make me somebody."
- Louis L'Amore
YOU are somebody. You don't need anyone else to make you happy only you can do that. There are people who can add to your happiness and even remove some of it but it is ultimately only you that is responsible for your life. At this moment you are the most important person there is.
7. "The first step you take is always the most important one. The first steps you take on any journey won't get you where you want to go. But without those first steps and the many more that follow, you would always be standing right where you are, looking towards the future and wondering what it would really be like to see your world the way you always dreamed it could be. One of the greatest lessons in life is the one you learn about moving forward and taking steps to reach your goals."
Take small steps. Your heart isn't going to heal over night and neither are you going to forget overnight. You need to set a goal and then take those small steps to reach it. Just working towards a goal a little a day will make it buch more obtainable.
8. "To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy . . . is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
If we wake in the morning in a bad mood we are usually in a bad mood for the rest of the day. When the sun is shining and we wake up ready to face the day we usually accomplish more. Bear this in mind and aim to think positive thoughts as soon as you wake up!
9. "The obstacles you face are mental barriers, which can be broken by adapting a more positive approach."
- Clarence Blasier
As above, being positive puts us in a better frame of mind to takle anything and when we are positive we usually acheive a whole lot more.
10. "Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there!"
- Will Rogers
This quote speaks for itself. You will accomplish nothing if you just sit back and let life get ahead of you. Decide what you are going to do and do it, no one else will do it for you!!